Welcome to Happily Ever After!
It also tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
The information we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Information: Includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title and date of birth.
- Contact Information: includes address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Information: Includes payment details for any payment method used.
- Transaction Information: Includes details about payments to and from you and details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Information: Includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Account Information: Includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Information: Includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Information: Includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may collect the minimum amount of personal data to enable you to enter into any promotional events. If you are a winner, it may be necessary to collect more detailed information from you in order to award any prize to you. You will be notified of this at the time we notify you if this is required
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services or to enter you into a promotional event). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us or withdraw your entry to a promotional event. We will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How personal information is collected
We use different methods to collect information from and about you including:
- Direct interactions: You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Purchase any of our products or services;
- Create an account on our website;
- Subscribe to our service or publications;
- Request marketing to be sent to you;
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- Give us feedback or contact us.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- Analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- Advertising networks based inside or outside the EU; and
- Search information providers such as Google based outside the EU.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Information from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as PayPal based outside the EU.
- Technical Data from the following parties:
How your personal information is used
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you. (when you purchase goods or services from us or enter into a promotional event).
- To monitor use of our products or services.
- For marketing or promotional purposes (with your prior consent). This includes the use of any feedback you have provided as part of any promotional material on our website and any other 3rd party sites we may use for marketing.
- To use analytics information to improve our website, products or services and customer experience.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal information although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
We will not share personal information with any 3rd parties unless required to do so by law or if it is essential to provide any products or services you have purchased or signed up to. This includes to process payment transactions for any products or services you have requested.
On occasions we may run shared products or promotions with 3rd parties that require your contact information being shared with those 3rd parties for the purpose of providing the product, service or promotion. This will only be done with prior agreement when you purchase the product or sign up to the promotion.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product or service purchase, registration or other transactions.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
The following cookies may be used on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and for use of purchased products or services.
- Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to analyse visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works and the service we offer.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to give you a more personalised experience.
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
How long we keep your personal information for
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws to access or correct any of your personal information we hold. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.